A firm and smooth eye area may go unnoticed, but when you have droopy upper eyelids or puffy under eye bags, you may appear tired, sad, or older than you'd like. Dr. Jack Fisher is a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery. He performs eyelid surgery, also called blepharoplasty, at his Nashville practice to restore a refreshed and more youthful appearance.
To meet with Dr. Fisher to discuss eyelid surgery in Nashville, request a consultation online or call our office at (615) 329-4227 and one of our staff members will schedule your appointment.
Meet Dr. Jack Fisher
A recognized authority and plastic surgery educator, Dr. Fisher customizes each procedure for the individual needs of his patients. He looks forward to meeting you.Request Your Consultation Before & After Photos
Choosing Eyelid Surgery from Dr. Fisher
During your first appointment, Dr. Fisher will talk with you in detail about what you hope to accomplish. He believes the best candidates for eyelid surgery should be in good health and have realistic expectations about what the procedure can accomplish. After listening to your goals, we will carefully examine your facial features and determine if eyelid surgery is right for you. For an even more comprehensive facial renewal, Dr. Fisher may recommend that eyelid surgery be combined with a facelift at his Nashville practice.
Dr. Fisher will take the time to answer any questions as well as discuss the procedure in detail. You should also be prepared to discuss your medical history as that will factor into whether the procedure is right for you. You should plan on spending about an hour at the consultation.
Personalized Facial Rejuvenation
Often patients believe that eyelid surgery will provide the improvements they want when, in fact, another procedure is more appropriate. With over 30 years of plastic surgery experience and a detailed understanding of facial anatomy and aging, Dr. Fisher develops a personalized treatment plan for each facial rejuvenation patient, which may be one of the following:
- Eyelid surgery alone when the eyelids sag and there are puffy bags under the eyes
- Brow lift alone when the brow area sags over the upper eyelids
- Brow lift combined with eyelid surgery when the outer brow sags and the crow's feet area (outer upper eyelid) folds over
- Injectable treatments such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and JUVÉDERM®, either individually or in combination, when the main concern is lines across the forehead and between the eyebrows
For every facial rejuvenation treatment plan, Dr. Fisher uses his specialized knowledge and experience to tailor the procedures to the patient's individual needs including providing more masculine or feminine results. Women typically prefer more defined upper eyelid contours, while a fuller lid provides a more masculine look.
Your Surgery & Recovery
Prior to your eyelid surgery, Dr. Fisher will give you preoperative and postoperative instructions to follow. To be prepared and make the recovery process easier, we suggest you follow these instructions closely. Dr. Fisher performs eyelid surgery on an outpatient basis using anesthetic and a sedative. The eyelid surgery takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
- Upper eyelid surgery: Dr. Fisher usually makes an incision along the natural crease of your eyelid. Through this incision, he will remove excess skin and fatty tissue from your eyelid area. Because he creates the opening in the crease of your eyelid, scarring is generally minimal.
- Lower eyelid surgery: Dr. Fisher typically makes the incision just below your lower lashes. Through the opening, he can remove any excess skin, muscle, and fat to give you a more youthful, refreshed appearance. Similar to upper eyelid surgery, your scarring is not as visible because the incision is within your eye's natural crease.
For the first 24 hours, you will be required to apply ice packs to the eyes and keep your head upright to limit the amount of swelling and bruising. After your surgery, you will experience some bruising but that should typically diminish in 5 to 7 days. You will visit Dr. Fisher in 4 to 6 days after your eyelid surgery to have your sutures removed.