As you age, the pull of gravity will begin to loosen the skin on your face and neck. A facelift with Nashville plastic surgeon Dr. Jack Fisher can restore your youthful appearance. Dr. Fisher has been performing facelift surgeries for over 25 years and would love to talk to you about what is possible.
To discuss facelift or other facial plastic surgery procedures with Dr. Fisher, request a consultation online or call our office at (615) 329-4227 and one of our staff members will schedule your appointment.
Choosing Facelift from Dr. Fisher
During your first appointment, Dr. Fisher will talk with you in detail about your expectations for facelift surgery. He will also answer any questions you may have and talk to you in detail about the procedure. He will then perform a facial examination to give his opinion on whether the surgery is right for you. He will assess the thickness, texture and elasticity of your skin, as well as the severity of wrinkles and folds. Dr. Fisher will use these factors, as well as your bone structure and underlying tissues to develop your individual plan. You should plan on spending about one hour at the office for your initial appointment.
Dr. Fisher performs facelift surgery to improve the lower two-thirds of the face. Benefits of this procedure include:
- Smoothing out loose, wrinkled skin
- Elevating sagging cheeks and jowls
- Removing excess fat from the jaw line and under the chin
The majority of Dr. Fisher's facelift patients are between 40 and 60, but he has performed facelifts on patients in their 30s, and well into their 80s.
Personalized Facial Rejuvenation
As a board-certified plastic surgeon and facial rejuvenation specialist, Dr. Fisher offers a variety of options to restore a fresh, youthful appearance to your face.
- Mini facelift corrects early signs of aging in patients who do not have significant amounts of drooping skin along the jaw and neck line. This procedure involves shorter incisions that run in front of the ears. Because a less extensive area of the face is involved, subsequent bruising and swelling is reduced and recovery is typically quicker than with a full facelift.
- Full facelift corrects sagging skin, muscle, and fat on the cheeks and jaw line. The incisions are concealed inside the hairline at the temples, in the natural creases in front of the ears, and behind the ears into the hair of the scalp. This procedure often includes a neck lift and liposuction under the chin.
- Injectable treatments such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and Restylane®, either individually or in combination, to provide a temporary, non-surgical face lift for patients with early signs of aging.
Depending on what you want to accomplish, Dr. Fisher may recommend combining your facelift with other facial procedures such as a brow lift or blepharoplasty at his Nashville practice to provide more complete facial rejuvenation.
Your Surgery & Recovery
Prior to your facelift, Dr. Fisher will provide preoperative and postoperative instructions to follow. It is imperative that you follow these instructions to be prepared for your surgery and make your recovery process smoother. The facelift surgery takes approximately 4 hours to complete and is usually done on an outpatient basis. You will be under general anesthesia which means you will be asleep for the surgery.
Depending on the extent of the surgery, your recovery can vary from 1 to 3 weeks. It's important to sleep with your head elevated and protect yourself from the sun during this healing period. Dr. Fisher will want to see you for a postoperative consultation within the first week. Once the swelling and bruising have subsided, Dr. Fisher's patients enjoy their younger look for many years.